If you can't see this e-mail, click here to view it online.
Please join us to commemorate
ERNIE PYLE 70TH ANNIVERSARY MEMORIAL CEREMONY
Hawaii Chapter SPJ members are invited to an April 18 Ernie Pyle 70th Anniversary Memorial Ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.
The Ernie Pyle Legacy Foundation will host the ceremony and dedicate a memorial stone to honor soldiers and Pyle, who died in World War II.
Pyle, a Scripps-Howard feature columnist and foreign correspondent, won a Pulitzer Prize in 1944 for his first-person portrayals of the common American soldier.
Ernie Pyle was killed on April 18, 1945, by enemy fire.
9:45 a.m. Band
• Welcome: Colonel James Horton, U.S. Air Force-Ret
• Presentation of Colors: Joint Service Color Guard
• National Anthem: Marine Corps Forces Pacific Band
• Pledge of Allegiance: Maj. Thomas Cowan, U.S. Air Force-Ret
• Welcome Remarks: Maj. Thomas Cowan, U.S. Air Force-Ret
• Memorial Address: Owen V. Johnson, Associate Professor Emeritus Indiana University Journalism
• Musical Selection: "America The Beautiful"
• Eulogy: Lt. Col. Linn Benson,U.S. Air Force-Ret
HAWAII CHAPTER SPJ // P.O. BOX 3141 // HONOLULU, HI 96802